- 12/12/2012: Interested parties are hereby notified that an application has been received for a Department of the Army permit for certain work in waters of the United States as described below and shown on the attached drawings. The applicant proposes to replace a 520-ft long portion of the existing seawall (revetment) with a hybrid stone rubblemound revetment and an offset seawall. Turbidity curtains and sandbags/flexible intermediate bulk containers (FIBC) filled with clean and compatible sand would be installed to protect the marine environment and deflect waves while work is in progress. PURPOSE: Coastal bank stabilization.
Expiration date: 1/12/2013
- 11/16/2012: Interested parties are hereby notified that an application has been received for a Department of the Army permit for certain work in waters of the United States as described below and shown on the attached drawings. On the shoreline of the Pacific Ocean at Hololani Resort Condominiums, located at 4401 Lower Honoapiilani Road, City of Lahaina, Island of Maui, Hawaii (TMK: (2) 4-3-010:009). Latitude: 20.97296 N Longitude: -156.67956 W . The proposed project is the construction of a hybrid shore protection structure that combines a vertical seawall with a sloping rock rubble mound revetment. The structure will protect approximately 370 feet of the approximately 400 feet of shoreline that fronts the Hololani.
Expiration date: 12/16/2012
Public Notice Revision Federal Register Notice Announcing New Nationwide Permits
- 10/15/2012: On March 19, 2012, the Honolulu District Corps of Engineers published a Public Notice announcing the February 21, 2012, Federal Register notice of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers reissuance of all existing nationwide permits (NWPs), general conditions, and definitions with some modifications; and the issuance of two new NWPs, three new general conditions, and three new definitions. The Public Notice also provided the final Regional Conditions developed by the Honolulu District to ensure that NWP authorizations would result in no more than minimal individual and cumulative impacts to aquatic resources within its designated area of responsibility and regulatory jurisdiction.
Minor revisions have been made to the Honolulu District’s final Regional Conditions. The revised Regional Conditions are attached to this public notice for informational purposes. All other information contained in the previous notice remains the same.
- 9/11/2012: The proposed project is the replacement of an existing pier with an approximately 352-square-foot boat dock in Kaneohe Bay on the island of Oahu.
Expiration date: 10/11/2012
- 7/5/2012: DA permit application to replace the existing seawall at The Kainalu in Honolulu on the island of Oahu.
Expiration date: 8/5/2012